Sunday 10 January 2010

Quotes

Today we play a little game. I will post some quotes and you guess who they are from.

Number One:
(On being asked why they said no1 successful outside politics would want to be an MP)
“Basically, it’s being nationalised, you have to live on rations and are treated like s**t. I spend my money on my garden and claim a tiny fraction based on what is proper. And I could claim the whole bloody lot, but I don’t.”

Number Two:
"[I] wouldn't wish [the NHS] on anyone"














Answers?

Number One:
Mr Duncan, a former oil trader and a multi-millionaire. He is also a Tory MP.

Number Two:
Daniel Hannan, a Tory MEP.


Now there are two things similar with these remarks I believe. Firstly both seem to come from a point of view of a rich person. People who can easily afford to survive on the £100000 or so MPs get in wages. People who can afford to pay for private health care, unlike most of us.

The second, and more worrying, similarity is the fact both are from Torys. Now this isn't surprising due to the history of the Torys. Alas in the current climate it appears we shall be stuck with these people in power for the next four years after an election. This will come from people angry at Labour and not from people who actually believe in the ideals of the Conservatives.

Now if these statements at all represent the ideals of the people involved in the Tory party then I do not have high hopes for our future under their power. If people cannot survive on £100000 a year and moan about a health service that quite frankly is amazing compared to many then there is no hope for the common man. I hope these statements do make people reassess the Tory party for what they really are, and if they want to vote for them after that then fair dos to them, but a blind vote is a dangerous vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment